feedburner
Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

feedburner count

My Prayer for Obama

Labels: ,

Barack Obama has won the 2008 Presidential election. No matter how I feel about him and his stance on major issues like healthcare, abortion, or taxes - it is my duty as a Christ Follower to lift him up in prayer. God the Father knows what is going on. He was not surprised at the outcome of this election. And nothing happens without His allowing it to happen. There's always a reason. So please make it your duty also to lift Obama in prayer as he guides our nation through some turbulent times.


"Lord, I thank you for the country I live in. I thank you that I can freely turn my eyes toward heaven and speak your name and you are always there. You know the turmoil that our country and world is in. I know that it is a result of our own choices and our own sin. But I pray for your hand to be upon us now. Please unite us. Unite us as a nation. Unite your church. Let us be one as you are one. Let us show our love to each other and our world - even the ones that don't like us and the ones we may not like.

Our President-Elect Barack Obama needs your help. May you grant him wisdom beyond his own understanding. He is stepping into one of the biggest messes to ever face an incoming President. His choices will be tough. He will be scrutinized, criticized, belittled, hated, despised, and much more by a lot of people for some of the decisions he will make - especially from a lot of "Christians." May you be his protector and his shield. May you be the lifter of his head. Help in his times of need and distress. Help him to make wise choices, not just easy ones.

Protect Obama and his family. May you reign as the Lord of their lives. May you be lifted up and receive all the praise and glory because you deserve it all. Thank you for not being surprised at how the election turned out. Help me be a voice of love and unity in a world that is sorely lacking it. Amen"




0 comments:

Post a Comment