feedburner
Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

feedburner count

False Labor

Labels:

I think I've figured out the one thing that I really don't like about pregnancy: False Labor. Yesterday, Julie started feeling contractions for the first time. We both had read a little bit on what is called Braxton-Hicks contractions. Basically what they are is the woman's body "practicing" for the real thing. The uteris will contract some and strengthen to be ready for the real thing when it comes along. All of the books we read said the these practice contractions are usually not painful and usually don't occur more than a couple times. They can be caused by stress, dehydration, and a variety of other reasons. Well, Julie had 4 painful ones in less than an hour. So, she called her doctor and told her. The doctor said, "Don't go to the hospital tonight, go RIGHT NOW!" So, we packed a couple things and headed to Providence Southfield. Our usual hospital is new and not equipped for baby delivery this early in a pregnancy (Julie is only 26 weeks).

There were so many things going through my mind on that drive. What if he's born tonight? What if there's something wrong with him? What if something happens to Julie? Am I ready to be a father right now? What if something happens to both of them? What if they make me choose between the two of them? I really was thinking and preparing myself for the worst. If Andrew had been born last night, he would have been 14 weeks early. He would have had to stay in the hospital in the ICU for 14 weeks so that his body could finish developing. I can't say that I would have had the strength to go through something like that.

But thank God, none of my fears came true. Julie is fine. Andrew is fine. God is great and still on the throne!



1 comments:
gravatar
Julie Sexton said...
September 29, 2008 at 10:25 AM  

Yes. God had it under control. It's still frightening when you don't know what His plan is though. I love you! Happy six month anniversary. :)

Post a Comment