feedburner
Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

feedburner count

Miracle of Humanity

Labels:

With the soon arrival of my baby boy (Andrew David Sexton), I have thought a lot about how miraculous humanity really is. Mark 10:8 keeps going through my mind: "and the two will become one flesh.' So they are no longer two, but one." (read all of Mark 10 for context).

Now I know that this verse is dealing with marriage and divorce, but it triggered an amazing thought. Something that I had never really thought about until now. The verse says that the man and woman in marriage will become one flesh. The miracle that I am in amazement over is the creation of a new human being, a little baby. A baby (or all humans for that matter) are half their mother and half their father. Everyone has 13 chromosomes from each parent for a total of 26. This is where this verse in Mark 10 came to mind. Literally, a man and woman become one flesh in the form of their offspring.

When I have the opportunity to look into the eyes of my baby boy I will see myself and my wife at the same time. Sure he may have more physical traits from me or Julie, but my wife and I have become one flesh in the form of Andrew. It is such a miracle and an amazing thing to know how God designed humanity to operate. Mark 10:8 has a new meaning to me now. It may not be theologically correct, but I see a figurative and literal meaning in it now that I didn't see before.

Food for thought I guess. I love God and I love His amazing creation and I love how He designed us.



1 comments:
gravatar
Kevin said...
September 25, 2008 at 5:47 PM  

Definitely amazing - I told you it would change the way you view the world.

Post a Comment